A quick and cheap gift, just may be your DOG!
We all know that there are people out there that are not honest and trustworthy and might just be panicked and need a quick gift for the season.. so you assume they will run out to the store.. right? WRONG.. your dog might be their gift to someone else.
Dognapping is on the rise according to the American Kennel Club especially in these hard economical times. Pet theft has risen 30% in the past couple of years. It is so sad to think that your best buddy could end up in the hands of someone else.
There are obviously many safety tips for your dogs, but we often miss the most obvious ways to keep our pet safe:
- Don't leave your dog unattended. Never leave your dog outside a store or a food establishment while you just "run in". Leave your dog at home.
- Don't leave your dog outside for extended periods of time
- Make sure you have a lock on your backyard gate so intruders cannot come in and get Fido
- Have your pet microchipped to ensure his safety
- Keep your dog on a leash when taking your walks. Your dog can get distracted and run off and that may be the last you see of him.
- Think about the AKC's Lost Pet Alert if your pet is stolen or missing. This service works like an Amber Alert for pets and sends out an e-mail notification to veterinarians, shelters and animal control agencies within a 50-mile radius.
We take care of our children, why not take care of our pets by taking extra precautions. Fore more information you can visit The Good Morning America site and see their new story.
- Posh Puppy Boutique