Help a Misunderstood Breed: The Staffordshire Terrier
|Sweet Pea is described as being a great family dog who loves kids, adults and complete strangers. She is house broken and crate trained.|
Pebbles is a “blue and white” mix who is good with most dogs, kids and adults. She is mellow, well-behaved and gentle with children.
|Archie is available now through Smilin’ Pitbull Rescue in Stamford, Conn|
Aerosol and Krylon are a bonded pair of females who were rescued from a highly abusive environment. Both are dog friendly and very loving.
- Pit Bull Rescue Central has educational information and offers guidance to anyone considering adopting one of these dogs.
- Rescue Me has a list of pit bull rescue sites organized by state.
- Bad Rap provides information, training, owner support and rescue services nationwide. It was named as the #1 high-impact non-profit for Local Animal Welfare, Rights & Protection by Guidestar’s Philantropedia.
- Bull911 has a listing of groups nationwide dealing exclusively with pit bulls.
- Our Pack offers adoption, placement services and education, including same-sex pairings. It is based in South San Francisco.
- Shortywood is the rescue site that formed the basis of the television show “Pit Boss.” The shows stars “little person” Shorty Rossi, his family and staff as they rescue and help find homes for a breed he considers to be “as misunderstood as he is.”
- Out of the Pits showcases the true nature of pit bulls as a therapy, sport and working dog. It offers education, programs and adoptions.
- Ring Dog Rescue is dedicated to “bull breeds” with bulldog lineage. It offers adoption and foster services plus a calendar of events in Virginia.
- Small Time Dog Rescue & Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue is an Oregon-based group.
- Mayday Pit Bull Rescue & Advocacy is a Phoenix, Ariz.-based group dedicated to rescuing, rehabilitating and placing pit bulls and pit bull mixes.
- Pit Sisters focuses its efforts on the northeast Florida area. It provides adoptions, events and resources for current and potential pit bull owners.
- Bless the Bullys is a small Tennessee non-profit rescue that also fights breed-specific legislation.
- Fugee’s Rescue is based in Raleigh, N.C. Its mission is to rescue, care for and rehome neglected, abused and homeless dogs, primarily pit bulls.
- Smilin’ Pit Bull Rescue based in the Northeast dedicated to find homes for unwanted and abandoned pit bulls.